February 4, 2011

From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris

From Dead to Worse
By Charlaine Harris
Series: Sookie Stackhouse #8
321 Pages
Mass Market Paperback
Published May 6th, 2008
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Monster Focus: Costco Monster Variety Pack

Sookie is on a roll and back for more fang filled action. The fallout from the chaotic Vampire Summit has left Sookie short a were-tiger boyfriend Quinn is missing and Sookie is determined to find him What new, crazy troubles will she find herself in this time?

Review Contains Spoilers From This Point On

The Sookie series seems a little long and drawn out to me, so I was not too terribly excited about reading this one. However, once I got going I remembered the ease with which the books seem to fly by and started to enjoy myself. I have to say Quinn is not one of my favorite characters, though he is a nice guy. Not surprisingly I was glad when she broke up with him. I really like her and Eric and would love to see them together in later books as I have gotten hints that they are. The pacing was great in this and the family revelations that Sookie gets are both exciting and sad.

I find it interesting how the show correlates with the books as some of the things that have already happened in the show are just now happening in the books. I guess that much can be expected out of a tv show though I wish they would be more loyal to the original time line. I enjoyed this one and think that it got me out of my Sookie rut

No comments: