February 28, 2011

Slave To Sensation
By Nalini Singh
Series: Psy-Changeling #1
352 Pages
E Book
Published September 5th, 2008
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Monster Focus: Shifters, Changelings

I feel really strange writing this review. With all the positive feedback on this book and the high ratings, I can't help but wonder if I missed something the rest of the readers saw. I just really didn't enjoy this. I could not for the life of me get into it no matter how hard I tried to like it. The potential for a really great book and the beginning of a really great series was there, but I felt it was poorly executed. The writing, at times, was poor quality, and others was intriguing leaving me with a feeling of, "Am I reading the same book? And if so, is there more than one author?" The style of writing varied so much and so often that I was constantly lost.

I really wanted to like this, but it just didn't happen. I will say however that the concept of the Psy-changeling world was so interesting that I will more than likely read the next book and give this series a second chance. There is definitely something great here waiting to come out, but it just didn't happen in this book

No comments: