February 15, 2011

Vampire Academy By Richelle Mead

Vampire Academy
By Richelle Mead
Series: Vampire Academy #1
129 Pages
E Book
Published August 16th, 2007
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Monster Focus: Vampires

Richelle Mead has created a world of vampires that is uniquely her own. Her take on vampire mythology is fresh and thought provoking. The three branches of the vampire race, Dhampir, Moroi, and Strogoi are at war with the Dhampir acting as guardians to the Moroi in the fight against the Strogoi. Mead does a great job in her description of the three branches and explaining the unique qualities of each. I'm still a little vague on some of the details, but I have high hopes that detail will be added in later volumes.

As the first book in this series, Vampire Academy does well, although I have to admit I am not too sure how much I like the main character Rose. I really didn't like the attitude and immaturity she displayed throughout the book. Lying to the guy her friend likes just because she doesn't think he is good enough for her was really horrible. I am willing to put my feelings aside as i think Rose did mature a lot towards the end of the book and will only get better as the series goes on.

I love Lisa and Christian together! They are the perfect representation of Yin and Yang. I hope to see more of their relationship in the next books.

I have high hopes for this series and think that it will only get better as the characters mature and come into their strengths. Oh yeah and the steamy bits were great too. Hee hee...

No comments: