March 22, 2011

Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

Angels' Blood
By Nalini Singh
Series: Guild Hunter #1
290 Pages
Ebook
Published March 3rd, 2009
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Monster Focus: Angels, Vampires

Oh my a book about angels, this one is right up my alley! hee hee Ok seriously though, I was not expecting what I got out of this one. Remember my review for Slave to Sensation? Well get ready for the complete and utter opposite here.

Simply amazing! I was completely engrossed from the start and finished this in only a couple of sittings. I have found a new favorite series from an author I never expected to try again. I was so incredibly disappointed with Slave to Sensation that I just figured that Nalini Singh was not the author for me. Boy how wrong was I! Maybe it was a matter of not being able to identify with the forced, emotionless character of her Psy-changling series, or the fact that a lot of great series' start out with a not so great first book. Whatever the case, Singh has redeemed herself in my eyes with Angels' Blood. I loved the characters, especially suffocatingly hot, dom Raphael. The plot and world development were engaging, the writing gripping, and the tension between Elena and Raphael blistering. I can't wait to read the second book!

Thunderous applause to you Ms. Singh for writing these characters and offering a story that is gritty and horrifying one second and sultry and tantalizing the next! I expect wonderful things from this series which is only up to book 3 so far. Great read.

No comments: