May 22, 2011

The Dead Girls' Dance

The Dead Girls' Dance
By Rachel Caine
Series: The Morganville Vampires #2
Ebook edition
256 Pages
Published: April 3rd, 2007
Genre: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Creature Feature: Vampires

So, just out of curiosity I decided to take a peek at the first chapter. I'm in the middle of another book for my year long challenge, but after finishing Glass Houses, I was really interested to see how the cliff-hanger played out. I started reading, and didn't stop until just now at 10:32 p.m. I think it's safe to say this book was enthralling. I had some very teary eyed moments along with Claire and even yearned for Shane and his tortured hero past.

For a YA novel, and I say that with sadness because the YA designation didn't always signify a lowering of expectations, this book is really great. The writing is good enough to keep you from second guessing the passage you just read, and the plot is well thought out and engaging. I'm really enjoying this series and hope that the following installments will be just as all consuming of my time.

No comments: