July 9, 2011

Book Review: Iron Crowned

Iron Crowned
By Richelle Mead
Series: Dark Swan #3
Ebook Edition
257 pages
Published February 22nd, 2011
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Creature Feature: Fae
Rating: 4

Oh Eugenie how I've missed you! After some disappointment from the last installment Thorn Queen, which tended to be a bit slow and not quite as compelling as the first, Iron Crowned really delivers the magic of the first book.

Shaman to the human world and Otherworldly heir of Storm King, Eugenie Markham returns with this epic quest for the Iron Crown. In an attempt to end the war begun by Dorian's punishment of Eugenie's rapist, Eugenie and Kiyo set out on a journey to claim the crown her father failed to reach. The crown's reputation will supposedly make the rival Rowan Land bow down before her, however there is more to it than she originally thinks.

Iron Crowned is definitely worth the year long wait. Packed full of action, sex, and intense plot twists, this installment of the Dark Swan series does not disappoint. The only real complaint I have is that the love triangle is really getting to me. Eugenie really hops between Dorian and Kiyo like nobody's business! Nearing the end, I just wanted to throw in the towel on both of them, but Dorian seems to redeem himself a tad towards the end. Can't wait for the next one! This is one series I need closure on and enjoy following immensely.

4 comments:

Krisztina Clifton said...

Hey! Long time since we chatted books! I FINALLY finished Bitten. Lol. I loved it. I'm on Angelology right now. Glad to have you in the Writers of Mass Distraction Group. Love your blog. You can share posts on my main blog's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Blog-Entourage/125418247524715
That's what the wall is for...lots of bloggers sharing posts everyday and checking out eachother's work. Anyway,hope you're doing well! See you on goodreads.:)

Wicked said...

Thanks Christina! I will definitely check your page out and see what the other bloggers are up to. I'm glad to hear you're done with Bitten! I have a couple books that are taking me forever to wrap up too.. gah...

I'm doing pretty well! Just working my way through school and trying to read as much as I can. <3

Eden Summers said...

I brought my first Richelle Mead book this week. Looking forward to reading it.

Wicked said...

Richelle Mead is one of my favorite authors. She has a way with her characters. I have loved all the series of hers that I have read so far except for the Succubus series starting with Succubus Blues. I couldn't sympathize with the main character. Which book did you buy?

Happy reading!