February 8, 2012

WWW Wednesdays #2

Another great meme hosted over at Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

 Currently Reading: Poison Study by Maria V Snyder: A buddy read I am doing with my sister. This book keeps coming up in my recommendations on Goodreads and plenty of friends and fellow bloggers have insisted I read this so here it goes! I'm excited to see what all the hype is about.




Recently Finished: The Winter Palace by Eva Stachniak: An engaging historical fiction novelization of Catherine the Great's rise to power through the eyes of a palace spy. I enjoyed this one, but ended feeling like my affection for Catherine was greatly misplaced. Maybe no the best book if you like Catherine. Full review to come on February 13th.

Up Next: Seduction by Brenda Joyce: This is my next book up for review for Harlequin (HQN). A historical romance that is the first in the Spymaster's Men series. I have been steering away from hardcore romance novels lately, but I think I've given myself enough of a breather that I should enjoy this one.

6 comments:

Kat said...

The Winter Palace sounds interesting! Looking forward to your review :-)

Thanks for the follow!

Jamie :: A book club of One said...

I don't know how I have missed The poison study, adding into my TBR pile! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm now a new follower of yours!

As a side note...I just moved from Fallon, Nevada! I lived there for two years and while I was a little intimidated by the desert when I first got there (I had never been so concerned about spiders, scorpions and snakes in my life!) I miss it sooooo much now!

Wicked said...

@ Jamie

Yay! A fellow Nevadan! lol I have tried to move away many times and keep coming back. It's crazy, but I love it here even with all the snakes and such. Thank goodness I live in Reno and don't have to worry about creepy crawlies unless I'm taking my run in the park.

Thanks so much for stopping by guys!

danicapage said...

The Winter Palace looks interesting and I love The Study series.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

~Danica Page
Taking It One Page at a Time

DHB said...

All these books sound so interesting - especially The Winter Palace. I need to add it to my TBR list!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Wicked said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies! I'm already loving Poison Study!