March 19, 2012

Review: Ember (Darkest London #0.5)

 Ember
Kristen Callihan
Darkest London #0.5
Genre: Historical Romance, Urban Fantasy, Shorts
Rating: 3

This companion novella to Firelight fills in that three year time lapse at the beginning nicely. Readers who enjoyed the first book in the Darkest London series, and couldn't get enough of Miranda and Archer will find this informative. There were many things left unexplained about Miranda and Archer's time apart in Firelight. I definitely wondered about these things and was glad to have gotten a decent explanation thanks to Ember.

I think my favorite part about this though was getting to experience the beginning of Miranda and Billy Finger's friendship. The development their was very sweet and often times chuckle worthy.

I'm only giving this 3 stars as it really is only a bite of the original and doesn't necessarily offer us a new story. Enjoyable, but read Firelight first. I observed that it would have been confusing for me otherwise as they leap over key plot points in expectation of the reader already being aware.

 

No comments: