March 1, 2012

Thursday's Dirty Little Secret #12

My favorite meme of the week! Dirty Little Secret is hosted by the lovely ladies of Under the Covers. This awesome meme challenges book bloggers to share a new dirty little secret each week.


To participate in the meme all you need to do is:


1. Be a follower of Under the Covers.
2. Create a post in your blog taking the meme image (code above) and copy instructions.
3. Answer the question we propose! This can be done in any way you like, post a video, write a post etc.
4. Then add your link at Under the Covers


Non-bloggers, leave your answer in the comments! 

This week's question is:

Which author introduced you to urban fantasy or paranormal romance? 


This is a tough one because I have read paranormal romance type books for awhile, but they never really caught on until about 2 years ago. I read a book called The Silver Kiss when i was in middle school and loved it! Since then, everything i have read that wasn't required for school had to have some sort of supernatural or fantastical element to it, but I still wouldn't say I was into PR or UF just yet. After graduating high school, I read the Twilight books and while they were a good starting point, now that I have read more serious series, I wouldn't say this did it either. I think the pivotal point was in 2009 when I started reading the Southern Vampire Mysteries series by Charliene Harris because I had just finished the first season of True Blood and wanted to know more! This got m interested in signing up for a paranormal romance addicts group on Goodreads and from there I participated in all the monthly group reads. Thanks to this wonderful group I read my first Richelle Mead book Storm Born and my first Gena Showalter book The Darkest Night and I was pretty much doomed from that point on. :-)

What's your dirty little secret?

2 comments:

AngelaC said...

Heck yah!!! Showalter rocks!!!!!
~Angela @UTC

Erica said...

Twilight was probably my starting point, but I wouldn't have mind starting with Richelle Mead or Gena Showalter :]