March 14, 2012

WWW Wednesday #7

Another great meme hosted over at Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

Currently Reading
 Magic Study (Study Series #2) by Maria V Snyder
Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1) by E.L. James

I'm really enjoying the process of getting back into the world of the Study Series. I missed Yelena and am very curious to see where her story goes next. So far it seems, even though she has reunited with her family, her brother is not yet ready to welcome her into the family. I'm excited to see her come into her magic and get a chance to really find out where he talents lay. 

I'm about 60% done with Fifty Shades of Grey and really not sure how I feel about. Honestly, I find the dominant and submissive relationship aspects very intriguing and fun, my problem is the writing quality. So far it has been very poor and either suggests a lack of vocabulary or suggests the author doesn't think very highly of her heroine who is constantly using expletives that begin with Holy. Holy crap, holy shit, holy cow, holy fuck, and holy mackerel seem to make an appearance at least once, (if not more) on each page. Her heroine is supposed to be a fan of classic literature, but manages to sound incredibly unintelligent. *sigh* I have no idea what I'm going to do with this book... It's intriguing one moment and downright agonizingly dumb the next. 

Just Finished
Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy #1) by Mira Grant
Firelight (Darkest London #1) by Kristen Callihan

Both of these were 5 stars for me! I absolutely loved every minute of them! I already have my review up for Feed, which you can find easily on the Reviews A-Z page. My review for Firelight  will be up on Friday! Last week was such a great week for books! 

Up Next!
White Witch by Trish Milburn
Ember (Darkest London #0.5) by Kristen Callihan

After reading and absolutely loving Firelight, I just have to read the prequel/companion novella for more Miranda and Archer! I hear from other reviewers that it's more of a fill in the blanks piece than a prequel, so I'm glad I saved it for afterwards.

I'm looking forward to reading White Witch for review for Bell Bridge! I have so many books in my review queue, and I'm trying to keep up with publication dates so I need to get this one done so I can get other out before they are published. 

Thank you Netgalley, Bell Bridge, and Grand Central Publishing for providing me with the galley versions of these books!

No comments: