April 29, 2012

Final In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted over at The Story Siren where we bloggers share our book hauls for the week.  Oh man did I get an amazing haul this week!

This is an update from what was posted here earlier today. I had put this post together and scheduled it before I got the news about The Story Siren and decided to let it go up, but with all the crazyness, I figured I needed to address the situation. I'm sure most if not all of you are aware that Kristi of The Story Siren was caught plagiarizing posts from other blogs.  After all my talk about ethics in the blogosphere and my speaking out against Fifty Shades of Grey and its blatant plagiarism of Twilight, I cannot rightly stand by and support Kristi who can't even make a decent apology about what she's done. There is no tiptoeing around the situation, she plagiarized. She took post ideas and content, sometimes word for word, from other blogs in order to bring more traffic and praise to her own blog. Success based on stealing the hard work of other bloggers is wrong. Therefore I will not be participating in IMM after this week. Thanks to the ladies of Talk Supe, I will be participating in their new book sharing meme Bought, Borrowed, and Bagged or BB&B inspired by JZB's book store in Karen Marie Moning's Fever series. I'm very excited to start fresh! So please enjoy my final IMM post, it's a good one!

For Review

Wow! Some awesome indie and big press galleys. I'm very excited to read them all. I know I'm a bit behind on The Immortal Rules band wagon, but better late than never! A nice compelation of genres I think, historical romance, YA paranormal, YA dystopia, fantasy, and some zombies for flavor!

Bought on Ebay
I found an ebay seller who sells gently used paperbacks and offers combined shipping and got these two gems! I've been meaning to read the Downside Ghost's series for awhile now as many of my reader friends have told me it is amazing. Now I can start! I also thought Girl In The Arena looked really good. Kinda like Hunger Games except the main character is fighting to the death against the man who killed her father in the ring on live TV. So Gladiator meets the Hunger Games. It should be good! I paid a total of $7.98.

Won!
 A BDB prize package from Literal Addiction! 
It includes a BDB shot glass, a copy of the Official BDB Insider's Guide by J.R. Ward, and some awesome swag! Thank you so much! Now, since I already have a copy of the Insider's Guide, I will be offering it up as a prize in a future giveaway for one lucky reader to win, but the shot glass is mine! I love it!

Both books in Eve Langlais' Cyborgs: More Than Machines series! Thank you to Danielle at Romance Book Junkies and Eve Langlais for this awesome giveaway! I'm so excited to read these!

So, what was in your mailbox?