April 2, 2012

Reading Romances Challenge 2012: April

Alternate Realities April
 This month is my first month participating and what a set of challenges to come in on! I already love alternate reality genres like Urban Fantasy and Sci-Fi, however I'm very excited to try out some new ones.  Here are some of the books I have chosen to read for these topics! I may read more than one in each topic, but these are to give me a direction for now.

TOPICS:
1) Read a contemporary book where something is different in the world than what reality reflects. (vampires, magic etc)
2) Read a book set in the future or  a historical with an alternative reality (i.e. steampunk).
THEMES: 
3) Read one book that was nominated for the RITA or Golden Heart award!
SPECIAL EVENTS:
4) Read an LGBT book, a book with at least 3 of the 7 colours of a rainbow (violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange, red) on it’s cover, or a book with a title that includes the word: dream/s, wish/es, or rainbow.
5) Read a book with an accountant/book-keeper character, or due to a shortage of funds, read a free or borrowed (library, friend etc) book.
 

No comments: