April 11, 2012

WWW Wednesday #10

Another great meme hosted over at Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

Currently Reading
 The Maid and The Queen by Nancy Goldstone
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I'm really enjoying both of these books right now! Miss Peregrine's is a gorgeously put together hardback book illustrated with creepy vintage photos. The book itself is a work of art without the story so I'm excited to find out if the story is just as good. So far it doesn't disappoint. 

The Maid and The Queen, a non-fiction history book I revived for review from Penguin and Netgalley has caught me by surprise. I originally assumed it was a novelization of the tale of Joan of Arc, however it turns out it is actually a non-fiction title. Normally I stay away from these as I need a great narrator and fluid story to keep me interested. In this case though I'm glad I got the chance to read something I would otherwise have passed up. The writing is so fluid and eloquent that I just can't seem to put it down! 
 
Recently Finished
Much Ado About Rogues by Kasey Michaels
Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder

 You can read my review for Much Ado About Rogues in the A-Z Reviews archive tab above. Review for Magic Study on Thursday!

Up Next 
 Scotsmen Prefer Blondes by Sara Ramsey
Highland Lover by Amanda Scott

It looks like I'm going to be waist deep in highland mischief very soon! I adore the cover of Scotsmen Prefer Blondes and can't wait to dive right in! As for Highland Lover, I loved the previous book in the Scottish Knights series by Amanda Scott, Highland Hero and am excited to see what happens next! Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with the galleys for these two books.


Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave links to your WWW Wednesday in the comments section. I'd love to see what you all are up to!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've seen a lot to do with "Peculiar Children". Maybe I should check it out sometime.
Here's mine: http://reviewingwhatimreading.blogspot.com/2012/04/www-wednesdays-21.html

Unknown said...

Great choices!

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/www-wednesday_11.html

Tea, Daydreams & Fairytales said...

Great reads there :)

Miss Peregrines is really different and interesting hey?

I also love everything Maria V Snyder has written and Magic Study is no exceptions!

My WWW for the week: http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/04/www-wednesday-2/